Saturday, January 5, 2013

First completed top since the New Year....
I made McCall's 6612 which is a very easy pattern.  I made view "A".  However, I shortened as a tunic to where with pants.  I also added about 1/4" to side seams so it would not fit so snug.  The pattern was very, very easy.  I used a ITY knit, and awful blue that I had in my stash.  I wanted to see what the style looked like on mysef since it had some good reviews on Pattern Review.  The material I used snagged very easy, and when I tried on before it was finish it got a run in the material around the arm whole.  You can't see it when it is finished, but I know it is there.  I also think that the solid color is a little boring,and definately needs some type of belt to break it up and some jewelry of some sort.  I like the pattern, but around the shoulder area it seams a little tights.  Maybe it needs a Full Back adjustment for my figure.  The sleeves are quarter lenght and I think I could add a little to the sleeve so it wouldn't be so tight.  I think I would like to try to make again out of better material and make some adjustments because it would be a great top for work.  I don't think I would wear a dress, but I really do like maxi length I see on everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Love your top. The colour is very refreshing. As you say - they way you have put a belt with it really does show it nicely. Shame about the run.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is always great to find other bloggers.