Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Feeling bad today.....
Becky my youngest daughter left to go home to Nashville today.  She won't be back home now until summer.  I really wish she would not have moved but she has a great job she loves, friends and a new apartment.  She is very happy and love city life. 

I was off work all week, but I sewed very little, because I wanted to spend as much time with Becky before she left. So today instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself I went to my little she cave and sewed.  I made tow pincushion thread catchers that I found instruction on the internet at DIY Gift Ideas.   The pattern was from MerrimentDesigns.com.  I followed the instructions closely, but did not use the doorhinges suggested for weight because I didn't want to go to the store. Instead I had some small scented beads you put in crafts and I used this to weight it done.  It isn't the best, but it worked.  If I would make them again, I would rethink this weight issue.  I didn't have any plastic cloth line with webbing, so my husband had some small covered wire that did the job.  This pattern is so easy, and I am hoping to not have so much threads on the floor.  Now I just have to train myself to use them.  I also need to be more careful with my top stitching as I used white thread and it shows, but they are only for my use so no biggie.  I think they would make cute gifts for anyone that sews and they are very easy.

 
 
After sewing a couple up, I decided I now need to organize my she cave and get it cleaned up so I can start a new project.  Here are a couple of pictures of my she cave that I love to get lost in.  Not real big but does the job.
 






Now I am going back upstairs to my she cave and figuring out what to start next.  I have that dress on my dress form that need hemmed, sleeves hemmed and then it will be ready to wear.  Not real sure I like it yet.  Until tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment