Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Music Quilt Wall Hanging

I worked on the wall hanging for my daughter's birthday. She lives in Nashville and love music. She plays the keyboard, piano, drums and guitar. In her new condo she has a music corner. She needed something to cover the electrical panel. She likes very modern style and her acsent wall is purple. So I tried to find something that might work. This pattern is from Kay Buffington, called Anicent Board Games #38. I embroideried my musical instruments in the center of each white block and then when I quilted I echoed the instrument to make them really stand out. It didn't turn out too bad for my third attemp at quilting. Lots more to learn, but practice makes perfect. Though I highly doubt I will ever master perfection, no matter how hard I tried or how many tutorials I watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment